Best New Cosmetics Launch:
- Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Colors. I have all of the brights and the deeps, and they are gorgeous; Mr Ford's eye for colour and texture is excellent. My favourite lipstick formula.
I'm afraid it doesn't make me a very interesting beauty blogger, but there are quite a few products that I discovered in 2009/early 2010 (or even before then) that I'm still loving.
- rms Beauty - I'm still loving this line, and in particular the 'un' cover-up concealer.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge - Solstice Halcyon eyeshadow has all but ended my ultimate taupe quest. I also love Delicata blush.
- Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery
- Haus of Gloi. I have not developed dry, itchy shins at all this winter, and I credit HoG's excellent Pumpkin Butter body cream for that. Next year I'm buying vats of Samhain and Pumpkin Queen from the Halloween line. If you don't like girly or foody scents I'd recommend Snow Wolf from the Yuletide line (my favourite from Yuletide by a country mile).
- Roxana Illuminated Perfume. I've loved everything I've sampled from Ms Villa's range, and I'm looking forward to trying more of it.
- Ellis Faas. In particular the Milky Eyes applicators. I love the colours, I love the texture, but if you don't use these products every day you lose an unacceptable amount of product each time you try to use them (and that's not in any way okay at the price). Even the brush applicator products can be difficult to dispense only what you need.
- Suqqu. I did not think that the Autumn 2010 collection was as interesting as previous collections, and I was disappointed by the delay of the launch of the Creamy Glow lipsticks in the UK. I didn't like that the Sheer Blend lipsticks were put into the spaces for the Creamy Glow lipsticks in the display either, as I nearly ended up buying a lipstick I already own. I also think that another overhaul/reformulation of the foundation line is too soon after the last one, particularly as the current foundations are already some of the most-lauded on the market.