The 10 step face is a very simple regime that takes you through all the steps to a polished, pretty face. No-one is going to be complimenting you on your skilful techniques or interesting use of colour, but it gets you out of the door looking human and polished in about 5-10 minutes. I've never had or seen a Vegas Showgirl makeover at a Bobbi Brown counter, and I saw a really interesting example where a mother in her early 40s and her teenage daughter both got a makeover with very similar colours used on them (they had almost identical colouring) and it looked pretty and appropriate on both of them.
The 10 steps are as follows:
- Undereye concealer.
- Powder and/or bronzer.
- Define eyebrows - Bobbi recommends using a powder eyeshadow like Blonde or Mahogany.
- 2 eyeshadows - a base shade from lash to brow, and a mid tone shade from lash to crease. I particularly like Shell and Bone as base shades, and Cement and Malted matte eyeshadows and Fawn shimmer wash as lid shades.
- Eyeliner - I like the gel liners, particularly Sepia, and I also like Espresso eyeshadow.
- Blush - I like Desert Rose for a natural blush on my pale (BB Warm Ivory) skin.
- Lipstick - there are some lovely colours in the line, but they do make my (very dry) lips a bit dry.
- Lipliner, and gloss if desired.
If you are interested in Bobbi Brown, it's worth keeping an eye out for the seasonal palettes (I particularly like the eye palettes) which are always well put together and sell out quickly. There are quite a few available on the Bobbi Brown website currently, and the Basics eye palette, with Navajo (base), Cement (matte), Heather Mauve (shimmer wash) and Mahogany (liner) would be a very good introduction to the eyeshadow line at £31.50 - you can see it here.